Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Breeders...

I saw the Breeders on April 10th, 1994 in San Antonio. I remember the exact date because that is the day I learned that Kurt Cobain had committed suicide. I felt so sad about not ever liking his music and wished so badly that I did; after listening to his work all I could bare to listen to was Polly. I then dissected the song and realized it's the voice of a rapist begging for help. It freaked my shit and paved the way for the possibility of a solution to end sexual abuse: For society to accept sexual assault as a mental illness no one is willing to treat... and perhaps begin to treat it?

Iris, I wonder now, is about a lesbian affair? Someone put that in my head when I was a freshman in college and I've accepted it as the ultimate truth.. At any rate, we all know that When Iris sleeps over, it will all right...